Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

icloud status icons

Hello: If all of my files are downloaded to my iCloud Drive why do I see Waiting to update, Waiting to download, or Waiting to upload designated to the folder holding those files?

MacBook

Posted on Jan 19, 2021 6:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 21, 2021 5:16 AM

Hello: I spoke with an Apple support person yesterday. She suggested I reload MacOS, and also directed me to signed out of iCloud Drive, then, sign back in, which seems to have fixed the issue. This morning I updated some file and they all uploaded without an issue. Thank you for your reply and suggestions.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 21, 2021 5:16 AM in response to melissa_m77

Hello: I spoke with an Apple support person yesterday. She suggested I reload MacOS, and also directed me to signed out of iCloud Drive, then, sign back in, which seems to have fixed the issue. This morning I updated some file and they all uploaded without an issue. Thank you for your reply and suggestions.

Jan 20, 2021 6:52 PM in response to jdip101

Hello jdip101,

Thanks for reaching out in Apple Support Communities. We understand that all your files are downloaded to iCloud but you see "Waiting to update" or "Waiting to download." We're happy to help. Are you connected to a reliable internet connection. This helps to rule out any network issues.

Check out the following support articles:

iCloud Drive FAQ

Add your Desktop and Documents files to iCloud Drive

Access iCloud Drive files from your iPhone and other devices

Specifically, use these steps:

"If your files don't update to iCloud Drive"

If the steps above don't help, reach out for additional support here: Get Support

Cheers!

icloud status icons

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.