Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I refresh Safari tab icons in IOS 14.3?

A website I visit recently updated it's tab icon. Using Safari on IOS 14.3 I still see the old icon.

I've tried going to Settings > Safari > Clear History and Website Data and clearing. This does not delete the cache of tab icons and I still see the old one. I also tried toggling Settings > Safari > Show icons in tabs but the old tab icon still won't go away.

iPhone 12 mini, iOS 14

Posted on Jan 19, 2021 7:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 26, 2021 7:22 AM

patrickmoffitt,

Thank you for further clarifying, and we apologize for our confusion. With the steps taken so far and the issue continuing, we recommend reaching out to Apple Support to look into this more. They can be reached here: Get Support

Thanks again, and have a great day.

5 replies

Jan 20, 2021 7:37 PM in response to patrickmoffitt

Hey patrickmoffitt,

We're glad you thought to ask Apple Support Communities about the tabs in Safari not updating the icon. Great steps with clearing the history and website data as well as toggling off the tab icons. If you haven't already, unpin the tab, quit Safari, relaunch, then visit the page again to pin it. Does this update the icon?

Keep us posted.

Take care.

How can I refresh Safari tab icons in IOS 14.3?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.