Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I specifically command sidecar to use only USB not airplay for connecting to iPad

Dear Apple developers,

I am trying to use Sidecar with only USB, not airplay (because airplay slowdown my wifi quite a lot). However, I always found frustrated as when I turned on Sidecar even with USB-C connected, the system directly recognize iPad using airplay not USB-C. Sometimes I need to replug the USB-C cable for a couple of times and wait until it finally recognizes USB-C rather than airplay.

Also I noticed that there is no sidecar button on the menu bar of my macbook pro (Big Sur). Is there a default for Big Sur? What if I want to have it on the menu bar so that I don't need to repetitively go to system reference to activate sidecar?

Many thanks!

Minghao

iPad Pro, iPadOS 14

Posted on Jan 19, 2021 8:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 19, 2021 8:51 AM

Use your iPad as a second display for your Mac with Sidecar. See the last bullet below about USB usage:

1 reply

Can I specifically command sidecar to use only USB not airplay for connecting to iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.