Scheduled Maintenance on July 16th

The Apple Support Community ‘Search’ functionality will temporarily be unavailable July 16th, 1:00am – 3:00am PDT. Thank you for your patience as we work behind the scenes to improve the community.

Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Some email messages appear to be missing from iPhone Mail

Some messages are not displaying on my iPhone Mail app connected to a (hybrid) exchange server, but they show up in Outlook on Windows. However, when I search for the missing items, I can find them and the search results even say they are in the inbox. When I go back to look for them in the list, they still aren't there.

BTW, "Mail Days to Sync" set to no limit.

iPhone 11

iOS 14.3

iPhone 11, iOS 14

Posted on Jan 19, 2021 12:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 17, 2021 8:38 AM

This did not solve my problem. There are just random emails missing from both my iphone and Ipad but appear in outlook 365. It seems very random but has made my email app on my phone useless due to the unreliability.

It's so frustrating

4 replies

Jan 19, 2021 9:40 PM in response to jvalentaTDCIT

This started happening to me this morning too. I had up to date mail items this morning, but around lunchtime the mail app has 'disappeared' all mail items newer than 20 August 2020 (i.e. exactly 6mths). I can see all of my recent mail in a web browser but not on my iPhone. Even when I search for the newer emails on the iphone they don't come up. Nothing on my end has changed between this morning when the mail was there and this afternoon when it has disappeared. I haven't don't any updates on the phone today (or in the past week)

iphone 11 pro max

iOS 14.3

Some email messages appear to be missing from iPhone Mail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.