Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When I make a call, I can't her it ring or hear the other person unless mine is on speakerphone. What is the problem.

When I make a call, I can't her it ring or hear the other person unless mine is on speakerphone. What is the problem?

Posted on Jan 19, 2021 12:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 19, 2021 1:36 PM

Have you tried checking if your iPhone is connected into a bluetooth headset or apple tv? Disconnect your phone first. If it does not work maybe this can do the trick. Go to Settings > Accessibility > Audio/Visual > Turn Off "Phone Noise Cancellation" > Go back to previous page then go to > Hearing Devices > Turn on Hearing Aid Compatibility. I had tried this and I am hoping it will work for you, too!

you can also check this article: If you hear no sound or distorted sound from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch speaker - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 19, 2021 1:36 PM in response to horiz_blue

Have you tried checking if your iPhone is connected into a bluetooth headset or apple tv? Disconnect your phone first. If it does not work maybe this can do the trick. Go to Settings > Accessibility > Audio/Visual > Turn Off "Phone Noise Cancellation" > Go back to previous page then go to > Hearing Devices > Turn on Hearing Aid Compatibility. I had tried this and I am hoping it will work for you, too!

you can also check this article: If you hear no sound or distorted sound from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch speaker - Apple Support

When I make a call, I can't her it ring or hear the other person unless mine is on speakerphone. What is the problem.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.