Newsroom Update

Apple Music today announced the release of its 100 Best Albums of all time, a list crafted by Apple Music’s experts alongside industry professionals. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone backup is missing on itunes after updating itunes

I backed up my phone but after updating itunes, all the backups that I made on my computer was missing on the devices everytime I click preferences on itunes. After this, I went to check for the iphone backup files through %USERPROFILE%>Apple>MobileSync>Backup and I saw the backup file that I wanted there. What should I do with these files? Is it possible for it to show up on my itunes? ALSO, my phone is currently on recovery mode after it failed to update my ios 12 to ios 14.3. I hope you can all help me with my problem because this is stressing me out :( Thank you all so much in advance :)))

iPhone 7 Plus

Posted on Jan 19, 2021 2:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 20, 2021 4:54 AM

See Locate backups of your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support. There are two potential locations for backups depending on whether you installed iTunes using a downloaded setup file or the Microsoft Store. Switching from one to the other might explain why your backup went missing. You could try moving the data from one location to the other then start iTunes to see if it will pick up on the old backup.

tt2

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 20, 2021 4:54 AM in response to daisucakes

See Locate backups of your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support. There are two potential locations for backups depending on whether you installed iTunes using a downloaded setup file or the Microsoft Store. Switching from one to the other might explain why your backup went missing. You could try moving the data from one location to the other then start iTunes to see if it will pick up on the old backup.

tt2

iphone backup is missing on itunes after updating itunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.