Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I’m trying to get the Apple TV set up on my tv and it is tellin me to update security info. I can’t seem to find where to do that on the apple app on my ipad

I need to update security info to go further on the Apple TV app but didn’t find the info on the apple web page.

Posted on Jan 19, 2021 2:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 19, 2021 3:23 PM

Are you using two factor authentication with your Apple ID? If not, it might be telling you to set that up

See Protect your account with two-factor authentication on this page: Security and your Apple ID - Apple Support Don’t change your password at this point because it won’t let you set up 2FA and you’ll not be able to proceed.

If you’re still unsure about this, you can contact Apple directly and ask them: Get Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 19, 2021 3:23 PM in response to Deb8210

Are you using two factor authentication with your Apple ID? If not, it might be telling you to set that up

See Protect your account with two-factor authentication on this page: Security and your Apple ID - Apple Support Don’t change your password at this point because it won’t let you set up 2FA and you’ll not be able to proceed.

If you’re still unsure about this, you can contact Apple directly and ask them: Get Support

I’m trying to get the Apple TV set up on my tv and it is tellin me to update security info. I can’t seem to find where to do that on the apple app on my ipad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.