Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I cannot login to Messages or FaceTime on my MacBook (BigSur)

I cannot login to Messages or FaceTime on my MacBook (BigSur). My Apple ID and password works on my iPad, the Apple website, and everything on the MAC except Messages and FaceTime. Just got this MacBook and just set up my local user. It matches what I use on my iPad. My Photos are syncing between my Mac and my iPad. On my Mac I logged out my Apple ID and logged it back in successfully. Messages and FaceTime will still not login. I reset NVRAM on the Mac. It did not help.

MacBook

Posted on Jan 19, 2021 4:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 21, 2021 2:31 PM

I got it fixed. Someone gave me this MacBook. It turns out that the company that owned it never registered it properly. There was an administrative “block” on this MacBook at Apple. I called Apple Care Support and they removed the block. All is working now. The symptoms were that after login Messages and FaceTime would appear to crash and go back to the Apple ID login prompt. All other function appeared to be working. Removing the block fixed the issue. We still had to authorize the MacBook from my iPad Pro, and then configure sync in the iPad for Messages.

Thanks for reaching back out to me. - Paul

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 21, 2021 2:31 PM in response to raina_b22

I got it fixed. Someone gave me this MacBook. It turns out that the company that owned it never registered it properly. There was an administrative “block” on this MacBook at Apple. I called Apple Care Support and they removed the block. All is working now. The symptoms were that after login Messages and FaceTime would appear to crash and go back to the Apple ID login prompt. All other function appeared to be working. Removing the block fixed the issue. We still had to authorize the MacBook from my iPad Pro, and then configure sync in the iPad for Messages.

Thanks for reaching back out to me. - Paul

Jan 21, 2021 2:13 PM in response to PDKruse

Hi PDKruse,

We understand you're unable to sign in to iMessage/FaceTime on your computer. We're happy to help.

To get started, we'd suggest providing more specific details about the issue you're having. What is happening when you try to sign in to iMessage/FaceTime? Is it not giving you an option to enter your login information? Are you able to enter your account details, but then it just gets stuck on signing in? Are you getting some sort of error message? etc.

Answers to questions like these will help the community to better understand the issue so members can provide more relevant responses.

In the meantime here's some basic steps you can try for sign in issues: If you can't sign in to your iMessage account or FaceTime on your Mac

We look forward to your response. Cheers!

I cannot login to Messages or FaceTime on my MacBook (BigSur)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.