Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

mail cant verify the identity of the server mail.bigpond.com

Since 16 January I can't access bigpond mail on my iMac. The certificate comes up as revoked. I can access mail through Firefox but not Safari either. I changed the trust settings on the certificate but still won't work. Any ideas?

Posted on Jan 19, 2021 6:06 PM

Similar questions

5 replies

Jan 21, 2021 3:28 PM in response to AnitaTeichmann

Hi there AnitaTeichmann,

Thanks for reaching out to us with this trouble you're having with this mail account on your iMac. We're happy to help you with this. Since you are able to access from another browser, let's see if this issue persists in another user account. Create a test user account using the steps here:

Set up users, guests, and groups on Mac

Let us know the outcome, and we can go from there.

Have a great day!

Jan 21, 2021 8:48 PM in response to AnitaTeichmann

Okay tried to add my mail account on the new log in. It comes up with unable to verify the account. Mail (I have 2 bigpond accounts) is still working on my laptop, however I didn't do the Big Sur update on the laptop. It still works on my phone. Just not the iMac I do all my bookwork on for our business. It wont go to webmail on Safari either, but will on Firefox. Stopped working on the 16th January.

mail cant verify the identity of the server mail.bigpond.com

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.