Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV Bose LG HDMI ARC Issues

I have an Apple TV 4K hooked up to a LG c9 Oled. I am using a bose sound bar 300.

bose is connected to Arc port

Apple TV hdmi 1

when Apple TV is turned on it defaults to TV speakers and when I select the Bose sound bar it then changes the HDMI to the Bose input thus requiring me to use the TV remote to select the HDMI input for the Apple TV again.

this happens all the time and it’s quite annoying.

Posted on Jan 19, 2021 6:43 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 20, 2021 2:18 AM

You will want to keep it set to “TV speakers”, as that is the way to utilize the high quality HDMI connection. Setting the soundbar for audio output directly will use the Wi-Fi or Bluetooth options, which is not the best audio that it can use.

“TV speakers” is a bit of an unfortunate and inaccurate naming, but that sends to audio out over HDMI, which then can go from TV passthrough to the soundbar, if so set up on the TV.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 20, 2021 2:18 AM in response to BklynBorn23

You will want to keep it set to “TV speakers”, as that is the way to utilize the high quality HDMI connection. Setting the soundbar for audio output directly will use the Wi-Fi or Bluetooth options, which is not the best audio that it can use.

“TV speakers” is a bit of an unfortunate and inaccurate naming, but that sends to audio out over HDMI, which then can go from TV passthrough to the soundbar, if so set up on the TV.

Apple TV Bose LG HDMI ARC Issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.