Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Adapters

I use a multi port adapter and have just purchased the new iPad Air which now has a new port is there an adapter to convert so I can still use my multi port adapter?

Posted on Jan 20, 2021 12:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 20, 2021 4:53 PM

There are third-party USB-C to Lightning Adapters available (Amazon is one obvious source), however, functionality is generally limited to Power, Data Sync (with a computer) or Audio. As such, your Lightning multi-port adapter is unlikely to work as expected - if at all.

Cascading adapters is usually folly - as doing so can introduce all manner of issues. Lightning is not just a proprietary connector - it is a completely different interface, both in terms of electrical and signalling standards.

Your new iPad has a USB-C interface. When used with USB-C accessories, you’ll benefit from additional capabilities and improved throughput.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 20, 2021 4:53 PM in response to Kellieholland

There are third-party USB-C to Lightning Adapters available (Amazon is one obvious source), however, functionality is generally limited to Power, Data Sync (with a computer) or Audio. As such, your Lightning multi-port adapter is unlikely to work as expected - if at all.

Cascading adapters is usually folly - as doing so can introduce all manner of issues. Lightning is not just a proprietary connector - it is a completely different interface, both in terms of electrical and signalling standards.

Your new iPad has a USB-C interface. When used with USB-C accessories, you’ll benefit from additional capabilities and improved throughput.

Adapters

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.