Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Replacing clips

Hello,

I've made a trailer consisting of many parts of clips (screen recordings) that I've cut together perfectly, and all is in sync with music.

The issue is that I now have to replace the clips with new ones containing the same scenes, but the parts that I'm using start at different times.

For example: in the old clip a section I'm using starts at 1m 10s, but in the new clip the exact same part starts at 0m 23s. (see image)

What's the best way to replace the clips and keep the correct selections/timings of the old clips?

Many thanks!

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Jan 20, 2021 1:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 20, 2021 2:09 PM

Here is an example in pictures:

1) The clip in the timeline is the one shown in the browser selection:

2) You want to keep the same duration, but starting from a different place in the clip:

3) Drag the browser clip over the timeline clip. You will see a green circle with a +. Let go and you will see this menu:

As indicated, choose replace from start. The timeline clip will be replaced by a clip of the same duration, starting at your In point in the browser. Done

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 20, 2021 2:09 PM in response to Luis Sequeira1

Here is an example in pictures:

1) The clip in the timeline is the one shown in the browser selection:

2) You want to keep the same duration, but starting from a different place in the clip:

3) Drag the browser clip over the timeline clip. You will see a green circle with a +. Let go and you will see this menu:

As indicated, choose replace from start. The timeline clip will be replaced by a clip of the same duration, starting at your In point in the browser. Done

Jan 20, 2021 2:02 PM in response to coxorange

Mark the In point of the new clip in the browser.

Drag over the clip in the timeline that you want to replace.

A little window appears giving you several options: Replace, Replace from Start, etc.

Choose "Replace from Start".

This means it will replace the clip in the timeline with a clip of the same duration, Starting from your selection.

Replacing clips

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.