Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hdmi to RCA

Can you do hdmi to rca converter? My hdmi port to my bedroom tv has had issues in the past and I’m supposed to be installing spectrum over the weekend and streaming through spectrum app on Apple TV.

Apple TV 4K

Posted on Jan 20, 2021 5:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 21, 2021 7:10 AM

HDMI would be the only supported connection so there would be no guarantee with any converter. As stated above, even if it were to work you would not be able to play any protected material (i.e. any content from streaming services) as well as the fact that you would run into issues with display and functionality could cease at any time. Ultimately you would be better off seeing if the TV could be fixed or replacing before trying to use any connected device.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 21, 2021 7:10 AM in response to tdevinf6559

HDMI would be the only supported connection so there would be no guarantee with any converter. As stated above, even if it were to work you would not be able to play any protected material (i.e. any content from streaming services) as well as the fact that you would run into issues with display and functionality could cease at any time. Ultimately you would be better off seeing if the TV could be fixed or replacing before trying to use any connected device.

Jan 20, 2021 11:24 PM in response to tdevinf6559

maybe and then not really

RCA is a connector type used for composite 3 connectors (too low res from vhs days) and component 5 connectors it support 1080i Component video - Wikipedia

but not hdcp High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection - Wikipedia

so with a hdmi to component converter all the DRM protected material would not play, which is include all streaming services

Hdmi to RCA

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.