Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone Charging issue on a Mac

I Have bought iPhone 12 Pro Max, and since it does not have a charger, I am forced to charge it via USB-to-Lightning cable on my iMac Pro. Now, when I'm charging on a macOS it is really fast, it gets from 20% to 90% in 1h and 30m but when I'm on Windows 10 Bootcamp on the same iMac Pro, with the same cable charging the same iPhone 12 Pro Max, it takes at least 3 hours to get from 20% to 90%. Why is that? Is there some configuration on Windows 10 that enables this "faster" charging since clearly it is not the hardware issue.

I'm considering purchasing MacSafe charger, but i'm reluctant since I've saw case damage that may occur. Also, if I connect that MagSafe charger to my iMac Pro via USB-type C, should I get some reasonable charging speed or not? I just don't want to purchase that Power Brick that Apple sells it separately, since here where I live it is priced more than twice than in the US?

How Can I Speed up charging on a Mac running Windows 10 in BOOTCAMP? Has anyone else have this issue?

Thx,

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 14

Posted on Jan 21, 2021 12:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 21, 2021 12:27 AM

CodingPunk92 wrote:

I Have bought iPhone 12 Pro Max, and since it does not have a charger,

Please read the section "Carbon savings equal to 450,000 fewer cars on the road per year" --> in the link The new iPhone 12 Pro Max - Apple Official Site

It clearly states "you can take advantage of fast charging with the USB‑C to Lightning cable now included in the box, which works with existing USB‑C power adapters and computer ports."

Now the question is where did you buy this iPhone from? Purchase Apple Products, from an  Apple Online StoreApple Retail Stores, and many Apple-authorized resellers and wireless service providers.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 21, 2021 12:27 AM in response to CodingPunk92

CodingPunk92 wrote:

I Have bought iPhone 12 Pro Max, and since it does not have a charger,

Please read the section "Carbon savings equal to 450,000 fewer cars on the road per year" --> in the link The new iPhone 12 Pro Max - Apple Official Site

It clearly states "you can take advantage of fast charging with the USB‑C to Lightning cable now included in the box, which works with existing USB‑C power adapters and computer ports."

Now the question is where did you buy this iPhone from? Purchase Apple Products, from an  Apple Online StoreApple Retail Stores, and many Apple-authorized resellers and wireless service providers.

iPhone Charging issue on a Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.