Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot update, shutdown or restart MacBook because of iTunes store

For a couple of months now, itunes store has been prompting me to sign in. However, when I enter the correct password the prompt to sign in just comes in again. Whilst the prompt is active, I cannot force quit itunes. This is preventing me from updating, shutting down or restarting my MacBook Pro as every time I try any of these, I'm promted to close itunes before it can proceed. I have tried changing my Apple ID password and signing out and back in. I'm currently running Mojave.

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Jan 21, 2021 3:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 21, 2021 7:17 AM

Try If you can't connect to the App Store, iTunes Store, or other Apple services - Apple Support. Method of last resort with Mojave is to reinstall the operating system over the top of your current install. This should repair iTunes and anything else while leaving your data and settings in place. You should still backup first as a precaution.

tt2

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 21, 2021 7:17 AM in response to rjbor

Try If you can't connect to the App Store, iTunes Store, or other Apple services - Apple Support. Method of last resort with Mojave is to reinstall the operating system over the top of your current install. This should repair iTunes and anything else while leaving your data and settings in place. You should still backup first as a precaution.

tt2

Cannot update, shutdown or restart MacBook because of iTunes store

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.