Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i phone 8 plus unresponsive

My iPhone 8plus was on charge and became unresponsive. I have tried all the ‘fixes’ to no avail it’s as dead as a dodo. Apple want £308 to repair exclusive of carriage ! It’s only two and a half years old and has been looked after. Anyone else had this issue ?

iPhone 8 Plus

Posted on Jan 21, 2021 4:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 21, 2021 4:12 AM

Ok, see if any of these suggestions help: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201412.

Sometimes a low-maximum-charge-capacity battery may impact phone performance, so see if you can replace your battery first.

But at that price, it seems like Apple is charging you for a motherboard replacement, which means that something inside the motherboard has went wrong (e.g. water got in, short circuit, a broken IC).

Unfortunately, if you have tried all of the steps above but nothing works, you will have to pay that price to Apple so that they can fix your phone and 'revive' it. You can find an Authorized Service Provider though, which some have prices that are slightly cheaper than Apple's official repair pricing.

You can find one when you select the place to repair your iPhone when you reserve a time slot for the repair.

Hope this helps!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 21, 2021 4:12 AM in response to Minnietheminx

Ok, see if any of these suggestions help: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201412.

Sometimes a low-maximum-charge-capacity battery may impact phone performance, so see if you can replace your battery first.

But at that price, it seems like Apple is charging you for a motherboard replacement, which means that something inside the motherboard has went wrong (e.g. water got in, short circuit, a broken IC).

Unfortunately, if you have tried all of the steps above but nothing works, you will have to pay that price to Apple so that they can fix your phone and 'revive' it. You can find an Authorized Service Provider though, which some have prices that are slightly cheaper than Apple's official repair pricing.

You can find one when you select the place to repair your iPhone when you reserve a time slot for the repair.

Hope this helps!

i phone 8 plus unresponsive

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.