Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV app, the image quality reduced

Why the resolution of the films(4K) in Apple TV app are reduced, the image shows very blurry.

Recently, I purchased a film on Apple TV app. The first time I watched it, images quality are crispy and dynamic, which shows 4K and HDR standard. But when I resumed it, the images quality are getting worse.

DOES Apple TV app reduce the image quality when the WIFI is getting unstable????

Or, I connect with other Apple ID (iCloud)

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.1

Posted on Jan 21, 2021 4:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 21, 2021 7:17 AM

xupeng226 wrote:

DOES Apple TV app reduce the image quality when the WIFI is getting unstable????

It will stream at high quality, however if you have a poor connection then it will have to decrease quality and ultimately you could experience buffering.

Best to check speedtest to see current internet connection

To see a current status of the network get a report using istumbler or similar. Look for signal strength, noise, nearby networks

Try ethernet

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 21, 2021 7:17 AM in response to xupeng226

xupeng226 wrote:

It will stream at high quality, however if you have a poor connection then it will have to decrease quality and ultimately you could experience buffering.

Best to check speedtest to see current internet connection

To see a current status of the network get a report using istumbler or similar. Look for signal strength, noise, nearby networks

Try ethernet

Apple TV app, the image quality reduced

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.