Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail Not Loading or Slow Loading Messages from iCloud

I am running Apple Mail 13.4 Catalina 10.15.7 on a 2018 Mac mini. Mail is not loading Messages from my iCloud account. My Gmail account is loading fine. When Messages do load, it takes 1 to 3 minutes for images to load. In my Viewer Window, there is a box in the lower left corner that states "Moving Messages 1 of 141". It had been stuck at 1 of 141 since I've launched Mail. This issue has been ongoing for the last few days on this machine. Mail from the same account is loading with no problems on my iPhone and on my MacBook Pro with the same OS and version of Mail, so I'm thinking whatever is going on is withing this Mac mini. The Mac mini has 73 GB available on a 500 GB drive.

Mac mini, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jan 21, 2021 8:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 23, 2021 10:55 AM

Hello Lawrence of Berkley,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities!

We understand from your post that your iCloud mail is loading slower than your other mail accounts and has said it is moving your messages for a few days now. We recommend testing the issue while your Mac is in safe mode.  The following articles have the steps you will need to test the issue in safe mode:

How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support

"Safe mode prevents your Mac from loading certain software as it starts up, including login items, system extensions not required by macOS, and fonts not installed by macOS. It also does a basic check of your startup disk, similar to using First Aid in Disk Utility. And it deletes some system caches, including font caches and the kernel cache, which are automatically created again as needed."

Best Regards.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 23, 2021 10:55 AM in response to Lawrence of Berkley

Hello Lawrence of Berkley,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities!

We understand from your post that your iCloud mail is loading slower than your other mail accounts and has said it is moving your messages for a few days now. We recommend testing the issue while your Mac is in safe mode.  The following articles have the steps you will need to test the issue in safe mode:

How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support

"Safe mode prevents your Mac from loading certain software as it starts up, including login items, system extensions not required by macOS, and fonts not installed by macOS. It also does a basic check of your startup disk, similar to using First Aid in Disk Utility. And it deletes some system caches, including font caches and the kernel cache, which are automatically created again as needed."

Best Regards.

Mail Not Loading or Slow Loading Messages from iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.