Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail isn't displaying any longer after macOS Monterey upgrade

My mail messages in the standard mail app isn't displaying any of my messages any longer after upgrading to macOS Monterey. I tried rebooting, signing out and in of iCloud, rebuilding my mailboxes. But no luck. So now I'm forced to use my iPhone to read and reply to my mail messages. Anyone else experiencing the same? More importantly, did anyone discover a way to fix this issue?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.0

Posted on Oct 27, 2021 12:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 28, 2021 12:28 AM

Hi Danielay,

Welcome to the Apple Community

Re: Mail won't display message content after installing Monterey.

You might be interested to read this discussion on the same topic

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/253299872

All the best :-)

5 replies

Oct 28, 2021 3:52 AM in response to Danielay

Does this issue present when booting into Safe Mode ?

Safe mode may help you resolve or isolate problems that you’re having with your Mac.

When you start up in safe mode, your Mac prevents some software, such as startup items, from loading, and it performs a check of your startup disk. Your Mac may take longer to start up because of the check.

It will also do a Repair Disk, clear cache files and eliminate Third Party software from loading.

If it does not happen in Safe Mode - it may indicate a few things 1 - Issues in the User Account or 2 - Third Party software interfering with the normal operations of the OS or 3 - A corrupted System File.

Mail isn't displaying any longer after macOS Monterey upgrade

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.