Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Monterey and Mail

With the update to Monterey, some emails won't show contents and leave messages to the effect that those emails are part of a mailing list. Important messages from my lawyer are among them. How can I show the contents of emails so labeled? I've searched in assistance for Mail but have not found the answer. In my iPAD, 2021, the problem does not occur,

iMac 27″, macOS 12.0

Posted on Oct 27, 2021 2:41 AM

15 replies

Nov 2, 2021 4:25 PM in response to Amir-Ali ADLE

First, there is no reason to ever install or run any 3rd party "cleaning", "optimizing", "speed-up", anti-virus, VPN or security apps on your Mac.  This user tip describes what you need to know and do in order to protect your Mac: Effective defenses against malware and other threats - Apple Community.  

There are no known viruses, i.e. self propagating, for Macs.  There are, however, adware and malware which require the user to install although unwittingly most of the time thru sneaky links, etc.   

Anti Virus developers try to group all types as viruses into their ad campaigns of fear.  They do a poor job of the detecting and isolating the adware and malware.  Since there are no viruses these apps use up a lot of system resources searching for what is non-existent and adversely affect system and app performance.

There is one app, Malwarebytes, which was developed by a long time contributor to these forums and a highly respected member of the computer security community, that is desshoigned solely to seek out adware and known malware and remove it.  The free version is more than adequate for most users.  

Also, unless you're using a true VPN tunnel, such as between you and your employer's or bank's servers, they are useless from a privacy standpoint.  Read these two articles: Public VPN's are anything but private and Former Malware Distributor Kape Technologies Now Owns ExpressVPN, CyberGhost, Private Internet Access, Zenmate, and a Collection of VPN “Review” WebsitesHowever, that being said one of the most respected contributors to these forums and a respected developer has reported favorable about NordVPN.  So it may be more secure than most of the other public VPNs.

Oct 27, 2021 3:30 AM in response to filipeduardovich

I had the same issue but only with my iCloud email, none of which would load contents while other emails did load as normal. This was only on my Macs, not on my iPhone. I eventually discovered that the culprit was Avast Security; once I had disabled the proxy setting and re-started, hey presto back to normal. I recall that something similar happened with the upgrade to Big Sur, it took Avast a while to update their (otherwise every good) product.

Monterey and Mail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.