Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

20-digit number in Full Disk Access of Privacy & Security preferences

I was doing my work when I had this message box repeatedly show up. I did not allow access, deleted my Safari cache and restarted my Macbook. As of yet, I have not seen the message box again, although found an app with the same 20 digit number in my Full Disk Access in my Privacy & Security preferences.

Does anyone know what it might be? I try to be careful with dodgy websites etc. and have only accessed academic websites recently for my University exams!

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jan 21, 2021 9:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 24, 2021 8:59 AM

Hi there lcheeseman,

It looks like an unknown application was requesting access to your Safari data. We’d like to help however we can. 

To start, were you able to delete this application from this area in System Preferences by highlighting it and selecting the '-' option?

Let’s also follow the steps in this great article to prevent this from happening again:

About pop-up ads and windows in Safari

Cheers!

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 24, 2021 8:59 AM in response to lcheeseman

Hi there lcheeseman,

It looks like an unknown application was requesting access to your Safari data. We’d like to help however we can. 

To start, were you able to delete this application from this area in System Preferences by highlighting it and selecting the '-' option?

Let’s also follow the steps in this great article to prevent this from happening again:

About pop-up ads and windows in Safari

Cheers!

Jan 25, 2021 12:50 PM in response to Brian_P7

Hiya Brian_P7,

Thank you so much for your reply!

I was able to delete the application from System Preferences, and as was well and good until it has just appeared again! I also followed the instructions in the article you attached. I have checked in System Preferences again and I can't seem to see it, and I can't seem to see anything untoward in my extensions or applications either.

Is there anything else that I can do?

Thank you again!

20-digit number in Full Disk Access of Privacy & Security preferences

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.