Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

verifying update frozen

woke up to "verifying update" notice on my wife's iPhone and I can't get it to reset. The hours old verify notice with spinning icon dominates and iTunes update or restore doesn't help. Slide to power off and cancel are unresponsive. I killed our wifi for a while , seemed not to invoke "wifi connection lost" response of some form. how to get phone functional. Wish I could simply pull battery.

Posted on Jan 21, 2021 9:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 21, 2021 9:44 AM

Try a forced restart. You didn’t say which model she has, so here are instructions for all of the various iPhone models.

• iPhone 8 or later: Press and quickly release the Volume Up button. Press and quickly release the Volume Down button. Then press and hold the Side button until you see the Apple logo.
  • iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, and iPod touch (7th generation): Press and hold both the Top (or Side) button and the Volume Down buttons until you see the Apple logo.
  • iPad with Home button, iPhone 6s or earlier, and iPod touch (6th generation) or earlier: Press and hold both the Home and the Top (or Side) buttons until you see the Apple logo.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 21, 2021 9:44 AM in response to Tom Robinson

Try a forced restart. You didn’t say which model she has, so here are instructions for all of the various iPhone models.

• iPhone 8 or later: Press and quickly release the Volume Up button. Press and quickly release the Volume Down button. Then press and hold the Side button until you see the Apple logo.
  • iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, and iPod touch (7th generation): Press and hold both the Top (or Side) button and the Volume Down buttons until you see the Apple logo.
  • iPad with Home button, iPhone 6s or earlier, and iPod touch (6th generation) or earlier: Press and hold both the Home and the Top (or Side) buttons until you see the Apple logo.

verifying update frozen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.