Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iMac won’t turn on

I’m very stressed, I have a 2006 core 2 duo iMac 20 inch which is my main computer for school and such and whenever I try to boot it up the screen turns black after the apple logo and recovery mode and internet recovery don’t work ive tried booting off external bootable macos installer OS X snow leopard and lion and the dvd and all of them cause the screen to go black after I boot into it, so it’s not the hard drive I don’t know what to do I need this computer, I made a Genius Bar appointment for Sunday

Posted on Jan 21, 2021 12:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 21, 2021 12:52 PM

Your computer has likely died, after almost 16 years it's well past it's prime. It has been obsolete for years and should be replaced with a new(er) Mac. An Apple Store will consult with you however they will not work on the computer as no parts are available due to it's age. Have you considered replacing it?

You can attempt the steps in If your Mac won't turn on or start up however my guess is it is time to replace it.

Best of luck!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 21, 2021 12:52 PM in response to Shannon_Stein

Your computer has likely died, after almost 16 years it's well past it's prime. It has been obsolete for years and should be replaced with a new(er) Mac. An Apple Store will consult with you however they will not work on the computer as no parts are available due to it's age. Have you considered replacing it?

You can attempt the steps in If your Mac won't turn on or start up however my guess is it is time to replace it.

Best of luck!

My iMac won’t turn on

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.