Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Error message when plugging iPad into Mac for syncing

One of my iPad Pros show a message on the Mac saying "File can't be found" twice whenever I plug it in to try to sync any items to or from it. This doesn't happen to any of my other Apple devices (including another iPad). Although syncing still works, and data could be read, it still is pretty annoying. Anybody have any insights of how to fix this? Thanks!

iPad Pro, iPadOS 14

Posted on Jan 21, 2021 4:45 PM

Similar questions

13 replies

Jan 24, 2021 7:20 PM in response to superstanley31

superstanley31 wrote:

Both are linked to the same Apple ID, but contain different information.

But your Mac, the basis of the sync, contains one set of information. If, for example, you use one iPad for work purposes and the other for personal purposes, that should be done using two separate Apple IDs and keeping the information for each clearly separated.

Jan 24, 2021 7:36 PM in response to sberman

sberman wrote:

You are attempting to sync two different iPads. That sounds like quite a source of confusion. Do both have the same Apple ID? Do both attempt to sync using the same Mac user account? Do both contain identical material? One can understand separately syncing an iPhone and an iPad using the same account, but two iPads?

So according to these questions, does it mean that there is a damaged/corrupt local file on the iPad with a problem?

Error message when plugging iPad into Mac for syncing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.