Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad screen intermittently flickering

I have the iPad Air 4 which I purchased new (from Apple itself) in November, which had its screen intermittently flicker from black to lowest brightness level. It has not sustained any damage whatsoever and after a restart the issue seems to have stopped. Through a quick Google search it seems to be a software crash but is this something I should be worried about? I only have the offer of adding AppleCare+ for 3 more days. Thanks.

iPad Air, iPadOS 14

Posted on Jan 21, 2021 7:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 22, 2021 2:40 AM

It may already be too late to add AppleCare+ coverage. This insurance product, should you wish to benefit from its benefits, must be added within 60 days of initial purchase.

If AppleCare+ cover is not included in the original device purchase, subsequent addition of this cover is contingent upon the device passing a remote diagnostic test. If your iPad has developed a fault between purchase/activation and the attempt to add AppleCare+, you may have lost the opportunity.

Whilst AppleCare cannot be added after a fault has developed, you will still be able to make a claim under the one year limited warranty included with your iPad purchase.

You will need to seek assistance or advice directly from Apple Support, or from the Genius Bar at your local Apple Store.

Apple Support can be contacted using the Contact Support link at top-right of this page. Alternatively, you can raise a support case using the excellent Apple Support App. If not already installed on your iPad, the App can be downloaded from the App Store:

https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/apple-support/id1130498044

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 22, 2021 2:40 AM in response to scottjohno52

It may already be too late to add AppleCare+ coverage. This insurance product, should you wish to benefit from its benefits, must be added within 60 days of initial purchase.

If AppleCare+ cover is not included in the original device purchase, subsequent addition of this cover is contingent upon the device passing a remote diagnostic test. If your iPad has developed a fault between purchase/activation and the attempt to add AppleCare+, you may have lost the opportunity.

Whilst AppleCare cannot be added after a fault has developed, you will still be able to make a claim under the one year limited warranty included with your iPad purchase.

You will need to seek assistance or advice directly from Apple Support, or from the Genius Bar at your local Apple Store.

Apple Support can be contacted using the Contact Support link at top-right of this page. Alternatively, you can raise a support case using the excellent Apple Support App. If not already installed on your iPad, the App can be downloaded from the App Store:

https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/apple-support/id1130498044

iPad screen intermittently flickering

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.