Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad Air 3rd Gen display flickering issue

Hi! I have an issue with my iPad Air 3rd generation. Namely, the screen flickers from time to time, and then goes blank, sometimes it comes back, sometimes it doesn’t and needs to be turned off and then on in order to start working. What can cause this issue and how can I fix it? Thanks!

iPad Air 3, iPadOS 14

Posted on Mar 12, 2021 7:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 12, 2021 7:46 AM

As described, you are likely to have a hardware fault - that will likely require repair. You will need to seek assistance from the technicians at the Genius Bar of your local Apple Store or Apple Authorised Service Provider (AASP) - where you will hopefully be able to demonstrate the fault.

As an alternative, you might directly contact Apple Support; the Contact Support link at can be found at top-right of this page.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 12, 2021 7:46 AM in response to FilipZ278

As described, you are likely to have a hardware fault - that will likely require repair. You will need to seek assistance from the technicians at the Genius Bar of your local Apple Store or Apple Authorised Service Provider (AASP) - where you will hopefully be able to demonstrate the fault.

As an alternative, you might directly contact Apple Support; the Contact Support link at can be found at top-right of this page.

iPad Air 3rd Gen display flickering issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.