Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

By mistake I have deleted Macintosh HD

Is it possible to reinstall mac now?

Currently it's showing as picture attached

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jan 21, 2021 11:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 22, 2021 7:53 PM

Even after almost 18 hours, it's still showing the same thing, please help

It's a notebook. Try taking it to a different network. It doesn't seem able to communicate at all on the network you are using.

8 replies

Jan 22, 2021 7:47 PM in response to hiren234

hiren234 Said:

"By mistake I have deleted Macintosh HD: Is it possible to reinstall mac now?Currently it's showing as picture attached: I have already entered wifi password Even after almost 18 hours, it's still showing the same thing, please help"

-------

Two Thoughts:

A. USB Bootable Installer:

Using another Mac, create a USB Bootable Installer. It should go nice and quick. Use another Mac to create it. If you have no other Mac, then ask someone else if you may create it with their Mac.

Go Here: How to Create a Bootable Installer for macOS - Apple Support

and...

B. Restore form a Time Machine Backup:

Have a Time Machine Backup of your Mac, that you created prior to all of this? If so, then that would mean you could restore your Mac from that.

Jan 22, 2021 8:38 AM in response to hiren234

Is there any continue button, like a circle with an arrow in it? When you selected a network, did it ask for a password?

I don't know what it looks like when it needs your WiFi login. Mine already knows the login so goes straight to loading IR.

Try force shut down by holding down the power button. Then start up and hold cmd-opt-r to start Internet Recovery, again.

By mistake I have deleted Macintosh HD

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.