Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Fast fan speeds

Hi all, sorry if this is in the wrong sections, I could find a “community” for the MacBook Pro’s.

I got my partner a MacBook Pro early 2015 a while back, I upgraded to the 2.9Ghz dual core i5 and 16gb ram and It has the intel iris 6100 graphics.

I recently purchased the sims 4 for her and as soon as it loads up the fan is going crazy and it gets super hot. Even with the graphics on low it’s still struggling. I have noticed that before we downloaded the game, every time I used teams for work it was also running loud and hot and I had no other applications running. It’s a 250gb with 56gb available.

is it normal that the iOS files are 35gb?

thanks,

matt

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jan 22, 2021 5:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 22, 2021 6:15 AM

Hi,

Resetting SMC could solve the issue, though most of the games are heavy task for CPU/GPU, so it's natural that CPU/GPU are going to be hot and fan is running faster.

How to reset the SMC of your Mac - Apple Support

If you consider it's not normal, try to run Apple Diagnostics if it reports fan error(PPF001, PPF003, PPF004)

Use Apple Diagnostics to test your Mac - Apple Support

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 22, 2021 6:15 AM in response to Matt_Baigent

Hi,

Resetting SMC could solve the issue, though most of the games are heavy task for CPU/GPU, so it's natural that CPU/GPU are going to be hot and fan is running faster.

How to reset the SMC of your Mac - Apple Support

If you consider it's not normal, try to run Apple Diagnostics if it reports fan error(PPF001, PPF003, PPF004)

Use Apple Diagnostics to test your Mac - Apple Support

Fast fan speeds

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.