Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to convert cassettes to MP3 on iMac?

Hello. I am a senior citizen about 69 years old.

I have about 100 audio cassettes with my favorite old songs which I want to convert to MP 3 with my new iMac.

I also have an audio cassette player which is supposed to convert audio cassette songs to MP 3 . This player has two RCA sound output and also one type B USB port. 

How to now convert my old audiocassette songs to MP 3 format using this cassette player and my I Mac?

Request friends to guide me step by step as I'm not that computer savvy  !!!!

Ratan from India

[Edited by Moderator]

Posted on Jan 22, 2021 8:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 22, 2021 9:09 AM

Ratan, basically what you will need to do is the play the songs on your cassette player while having software on your computer record the sound. You are going to need at least one piece of hardware to covert your RCA plugs into USB port on your mac. Amazon search example

Once you plug-in the cassette player to the computer launch Quick-time Player and go to the file menu and select "New Audio Recording" then press play on the cassette player.

I hope this helps.

Paul

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 22, 2021 9:09 AM in response to ratanhyderabad

Ratan, basically what you will need to do is the play the songs on your cassette player while having software on your computer record the sound. You are going to need at least one piece of hardware to covert your RCA plugs into USB port on your mac. Amazon search example

Once you plug-in the cassette player to the computer launch Quick-time Player and go to the file menu and select "New Audio Recording" then press play on the cassette player.

I hope this helps.

Paul

How to convert cassettes to MP3 on iMac?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.