Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Air pods pro pause/play not working

Although fully charged and having been reset my air pods refuse to pause with a gesture. The noise cancellation/transparency works as normal. They do stop when removed from ear, but this is sometimes inconvenient and not how I’m used to using them.

Any further help with this would be appreciated before I launch myself into a help call.

Posted on Jan 22, 2021 9:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 26, 2021 6:17 AM

Thank you for getting back to me. Followed all of the procedures outlined several times, with no success. Got fed up and haven’t used the ear buds for several days. On receipt of your response I thought I’d give it another go.

Miracles do happen - the AirPods worked perfectly without further action being taken. What more can I say? 😷

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 26, 2021 6:17 AM in response to barberlives123

Thank you for getting back to me. Followed all of the procedures outlined several times, with no success. Got fed up and haven’t used the ear buds for several days. On receipt of your response I thought I’d give it another go.

Miracles do happen - the AirPods worked perfectly without further action being taken. What more can I say? 😷

Jan 25, 2021 5:39 AM in response to Rugbyfield

Hi Rugbyfield,

We noted you're having issues with pausing audio on your AirPods Pro. That's certainly an important part of using them, and we'd be happy to help out.

Are you using the steps here for that: Connect and use your AirPods and AirPods Pro

For reference it'll be in the "Control audio with your AirPods Pro" section. Try changing the pressure and length of time you're pressing on the force sensor.

Also, try connecting the AirPods to a different device, just to see if the issue still happens there. We noted you mentioned you reset them, were these the steps you used: Reset your AirPods

Take care!

Air pods pro pause/play not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.