Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MY SOFTWARE IS UP TO DATE AND I CANNOT OPEN MY WORD DOCUMENTS

What is your answer for my problem. I paid for my software and it won't open

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.1

Posted on Jan 22, 2021 10:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 22, 2021 10:35 AM

Microsoft Office 2011 and earlier are no longer supported by Microsoft and are not compatible with macOS Catalina or Big Sur.

If you were running 2011 or older, you will need to find an alternative, purchase Office 2019, or subscribe to Microsoft 365.

If you were running Office 2016, you will need to update it for full 64 bit compatibility. Contact Microsoft for help with that.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 22, 2021 10:35 AM in response to lollypop12345

Microsoft Office 2011 and earlier are no longer supported by Microsoft and are not compatible with macOS Catalina or Big Sur.

If you were running 2011 or older, you will need to find an alternative, purchase Office 2019, or subscribe to Microsoft 365.

If you were running Office 2016, you will need to update it for full 64 bit compatibility. Contact Microsoft for help with that.

MY SOFTWARE IS UP TO DATE AND I CANNOT OPEN MY WORD DOCUMENTS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.