Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Search for specific music in iTunes Store

Using my MacBook Pro, I wish to find music in iTunes Store that I can preview. Now I enter my search subject in the search bar at upper left and then hit iTunes Store. This will find my search subject in Music rather than the iTunes Store. When I try to preview the subject, I get the Apple Music ad and no preview.

Or I can open iTunes Store, but I see no way to search for a song in the iTunes Store, except as described above. For this reason, it has been quite a while since I have purchases any music on iTunes. This was a bad software decision.

Posted on Jan 22, 2021 12:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 22, 2021 1:06 PM

If you click in the search box at the top of the sidebar on the left and then click iTunes Store at the top of the main window on the right, it should search the iTunes Store. I just checked again and it does work for me. See the instructions in Buy music from the iTunes Store - Apple Support

If it still isn't working, open the Music app, click Preferences on the menu named Music, click Restrictions at the top of the Preferences window and verify that the iTunes Store isn't restricted.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 22, 2021 1:06 PM in response to Raymond Vickers

If you click in the search box at the top of the sidebar on the left and then click iTunes Store at the top of the main window on the right, it should search the iTunes Store. I just checked again and it does work for me. See the instructions in Buy music from the iTunes Store - Apple Support

If it still isn't working, open the Music app, click Preferences on the menu named Music, click Restrictions at the top of the Preferences window and verify that the iTunes Store isn't restricted.

Search for specific music in iTunes Store

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.