Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where are the Pages templates located in Big Sur on the iMac?

Hello there!

Does anyone know:

I tried to find them with the old path in the Library -> Application Support -> iWork. But iWork doesn't exist anymore. I tried to find them by name, no success.

Where the heck can I find them? I know you can open a template by clicking it and add it to the collection. But I want to make sure if they change the application at a later point in time I still can grab them to be on the safe side. But right now, I just would like to know where they actually go.

Best regards,

discoboffi

Posted on Jan 22, 2021 2:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 22, 2021 3:28 PM

The templates inside the application are out of bounds. They, as well as custom user templates, are all presented in the default Template Chooser that appears when Pages is launched. The current templates that you are referring to are in:

/Users/$USER/Library/Containers/com.apple.Pages/Data/Library/Application Support/User Templates/

When the very first installation of Pages v5 thru v10.3.9 is installed, its first task is to migrate compatible custom user templates from the old Pages '09 template location. Not all are migrated due to unique Pages '09 features in them from this location:

/Users/$USER/Library/Application Support/iWork/Pages/Templates/My Templates/

Anyone performing regular time machine backups has their custom templates already backed up, and there really is no need for a user to manually visit their templates folder location. One can rename or delete user templates from within Pages.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 22, 2021 3:28 PM in response to discoboffi

The templates inside the application are out of bounds. They, as well as custom user templates, are all presented in the default Template Chooser that appears when Pages is launched. The current templates that you are referring to are in:

/Users/$USER/Library/Containers/com.apple.Pages/Data/Library/Application Support/User Templates/

When the very first installation of Pages v5 thru v10.3.9 is installed, its first task is to migrate compatible custom user templates from the old Pages '09 template location. Not all are migrated due to unique Pages '09 features in them from this location:

/Users/$USER/Library/Application Support/iWork/Pages/Templates/My Templates/

Anyone performing regular time machine backups has their custom templates already backed up, and there really is no need for a user to manually visit their templates folder location. One can rename or delete user templates from within Pages.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.