You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Social Media Notifications not working - iOS 14.3 and 14.4 beta

I have a bit of an odd one here. On both iOS 14.3 and the 14.4 beta, all is well when in a factory reset mode (as in, factory reset, start the phone, install a couple of apps and that's it). When I restore a backup, apps such as Instagram and Twitter do not give me notifications or badges. Given that this only happens when I restore my backup, I'm struggling to figure this one out.

All settings in both the above mentioned apps and the Settings page match. I checked them before restoring the backup and after. They're identical. The only difference I can conceivably think of is that, after the backup, my Apple Watch is paired. However, I also don't get the notifications there either so that could just be a red herring.

I've restored the phone a couple of times. I've done it via Recovery Mode and yet, as soon as my backup is restored, the notifications break again.

Truly at a loss as to what else I can check given the notification settings within the apps and with the Settings page are like-for-like.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Posted on Jan 22, 2021 4:20 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 22, 2021 4:32 PM

We can not discuss beta software in these pages.

Similar questions

2 replies

Social Media Notifications not working - iOS 14.3 and 14.4 beta

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.