Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Password security notifications

while I was successful in changing many of the passwords identified as “security notifications” on my iPad, several of them - the ones I couldn’t change by clicking on the “change password on website link” (for some reason) and had to go to the website independently - are still showing up as “security notifications”. How do I get rid of these notifications for the passwords I have already changed? I know I’ll forget which ones are now ok if they aren’t removed.

iPad Air 2, iPadOS 14

Posted on Jan 23, 2021 9:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 23, 2021 9:58 AM

In changing the password from the website, have you created new entries for those that have been changed? The system is designed to reduce the potential for loosing the original credentials - and instead of overwriting the original entry, creates a new record.

If this has occurred, as I suspect, you’ll need to identify the old record in the list of Passwords - and the delete it.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 23, 2021 9:58 AM in response to chrystyna224

In changing the password from the website, have you created new entries for those that have been changed? The system is designed to reduce the potential for loosing the original credentials - and instead of overwriting the original entry, creates a new record.

If this has occurred, as I suspect, you’ll need to identify the old record in the list of Passwords - and the delete it.

Password security notifications

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.