My Settings Password Security Leak List Disappeared

I went to my iPhone (16.3.1) and a Settings warning came up and showed that many passwords I use have been found in a data leak. I started changing my passwords (FBook, Instagram, my Webhost etc) but when I went back to Settings to change the next password the Settings Warnings list with all the websites I need to change my password for, had gone?

How to I get back to that Settings list of compromised websites that I need to change my passwords for?

Thanks.

iPhone XS

Posted on Jun 30, 2023 2:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 30, 2023 2:45 AM

Go to Settings -> Passwords.

The Security Recommendations will be near the top of the listing.

Additionally, here’s an overview of what is generating those recommendations:

Password security recommendations - Apple Support (CA)

and

Password Monitoring - Apple Support (CA)

4 replies

Jun 30, 2023 5:54 AM in response to Chattanoogan

How do you delete (or can you) the recommendations once you've changed your password as mine seems to only give the choice of hiding the recommendation?

Now that I have updated/changed my passwords, I see at the bottom of the screen it says in red "delete password" - Are Apple referring to the current problematic password and does that delete it from the phones keychain?

Does it also delete it from my MacBook keychain via my iCloud a/c?

I see if you do the password via phone it gives you a "dismiss." I was changing passwords via the Mac.

Jun 30, 2023 5:54 AM in response to Bardonicloud

How do you delete (or can you) the recommendations once you've changed your password as mine seems to only give the choice of hiding the recommendation?

Now that I have updated/changed my passwords, I see at the bottom of the screen it says in red "delete password" - Are Apple referring to the current problematic password and does that delete it from the phones keychain?

Does it also delete it from my MacBook keychain via my iCloud a/c?

I see if you do the password via phone it gives you a "dismiss." I was changing passwords via the MacBook though?

My Settings Password Security Leak List Disappeared

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.