Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Deleted app from Home Screen

Hello guys! I deleted instagram from the home screen and now I cannot either add it again or delete it from the phone (iphone 11 pro). The option seems to be going to the App Library but I don’t have such thing, if I swipe to the left it says “Search” on top but not “App Library” like it is supposed to say. On settings or holding the icon when I search for it I don’t have the options “delete app” nor “add to Home Screen”.

What is the solution? Thanks!

How can I fix this?

iPhone 11 Pro, iOS 14

Posted on Jan 23, 2021 12:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 23, 2021 2:13 PM

depending on your settings, downloading the app again may just place it back in the App Library.. so to bring this full circle, you should learn how to move apps from the App Library back to the Home Screen

From your Home Screen, swipe left until you get to the App Library.

Swipe downward and you'll get an alphabetical list of your apps.

Locate the app in the list or type the app name into the search field

Once you've located the app, tap/hold until it raises/selects, then drag it and it'll pop out to your Home Screen

If you don't like the alphabetical list and prefer the categories.. locate the app icon, tap/hold and select Add to Home Screen

Organize the Home Screen and App Library on your iPhone - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 23, 2021 2:13 PM in response to Zecl

depending on your settings, downloading the app again may just place it back in the App Library.. so to bring this full circle, you should learn how to move apps from the App Library back to the Home Screen

From your Home Screen, swipe left until you get to the App Library.

Swipe downward and you'll get an alphabetical list of your apps.

Locate the app in the list or type the app name into the search field

Once you've located the app, tap/hold until it raises/selects, then drag it and it'll pop out to your Home Screen

If you don't like the alphabetical list and prefer the categories.. locate the app icon, tap/hold and select Add to Home Screen

Organize the Home Screen and App Library on your iPhone - Apple Support

Jan 23, 2021 12:41 PM in response to Zecl

Well, there may be a misunderstanding: swiping left means swiping from the right to the left. Meaning that the App Library will be the last page on your phone, after swiping left several times (depending on the number of pages you have.)

Swiping right, i.e. from the left to the right, will display the Search screen just like you mentioned.

Now, from The App Library, you will be able to delete an app by long-pressing it and tapping Delete.

Deleted app from Home Screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.