You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Fingerprint on the Screen

Hi everyone. I bought a Macbook pro 2020 yesterday and touched somewhere on the screen accidentally. After that, I've tried to clean up the fingerprint by appropriate cloths but it doesn't go away.

So, I intentionally touched another place on the screen and it never goes either. It seems regardless where ever I touch on the screen, fingerprints will be stay there. I'm attaching a photo. It is literally 1 day old laptop and those fingerprints are annoying to me.

Have you ever experienced something like that before? Should I contact with Apple Store? Thanks.

Posted on Jan 23, 2021 12:19 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 23, 2021 12:34 PM

Hi Grant. I just used micro-fiber cloth for the cleaning.

I'm using regular soap instead of hand sanitizer and at the time I touched on the screen my hands were quite clean and dry.

It doesn't happen when I touch my friend's Macbook Air 2019.

2 replies

Jan 23, 2021 12:22 PM in response to barisarikan

You should only be touching the screen with the micro-fiber cloth Apple tends to provide for such cleaning. The applied anti-reflective coating is delicate.

Using lot of alcohol-based hand sanitizer these days? The anti-glare coating can be damaged from contact with Alcohol, and hand sanitizer is 60 percent or higher ethyl alcohol.

Fingerprint on the Screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.