Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone turns off when search

My phone turns off when search ,what can be the problem ?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Jan 23, 2021 1:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 23, 2021 1:06 PM

arthurine ~ What's the Maximum Capacity % here?...

Settings > Battery > Battery Health

Shutting down can be a symptom of a battery in need of replacement:

"...The power management system determines the capability of the battery to supply this power, and manages the loads in order to maintain operations. When the operations can no longer be supported with the full capabilities of the power management system, the system will perform a shutdown to preserve these electronic components. While this shutdown is intentional from the device perspective, it may be unexpected by the user." [Source: Apple]

…So, if the battery of your iPhone is the original one, it quite likely needs replacement:

iPhone Battery & Power Repair

About genuine iPhone batteries

(Articles found by searching Apple's Knowledge Base.)

õ¿õ¬

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 23, 2021 1:06 PM in response to arthurine16

arthurine ~ What's the Maximum Capacity % here?...

Settings > Battery > Battery Health

Shutting down can be a symptom of a battery in need of replacement:

"...The power management system determines the capability of the battery to supply this power, and manages the loads in order to maintain operations. When the operations can no longer be supported with the full capabilities of the power management system, the system will perform a shutdown to preserve these electronic components. While this shutdown is intentional from the device perspective, it may be unexpected by the user." [Source: Apple]

…So, if the battery of your iPhone is the original one, it quite likely needs replacement:

iPhone Battery & Power Repair

About genuine iPhone batteries

(Articles found by searching Apple's Knowledge Base.)

õ¿õ¬

My iPhone turns off when search

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.