Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my macbook pro isn't charging

Several ports aren't working.

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 11.1

Posted on Jan 23, 2021 1:09 PM

5 replies

Jan 23, 2021 1:31 PM in response to jaishree992

Hi jaishree992,

I understand your MacBook Pro is having issues charging. Rest assured, this is a common issue and can be easily resolved.

To resolve the issue, we need to reset the SMC. It controls how your Mac draws power among other things.

Resetting the SMC (System Management Controller):

1. Shut down your Mac by pressing and holding the power button for at least 5 seconds. Release the power button.
  2. Wait 10 seconds for the RAM to be cleared.
  3. Attach your Mac charger to any port of your machine.
  4. Press and hold Command, Shift, Option and the power button for 5 seconds.
  5. If your machine hasn’t booted up, press and hold the power button for 3 seconds.

I hope this solves your issue!

Grey360

Jan 23, 2021 4:06 PM in response to jaishree992

Ok, can you please try resetting the SMC again, but this time we’ll try using a different set of instructions. Unplug all cables, devices, etc from your Mac before doing these steps.

1. Shut your Mac down by pressing and holding the power button for at least 10 seconds.
  2. Wait 10 seconds for the RAM to be cleared.
  3. Simultaneously press and hold the shift, control and option keys on the left-hand side of the keyboard and the power button for 5-10 seconds.
  4. After you’ve released the keys, wait 3 seconds before pressing the power button to turn your device on.

Grey360

my macbook pro isn't charging

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.