Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to upgrade MACBOOKPRO 2011

Is High Sierra the latest update I can have in my macbookpro late 2011? I cannot connect my iphone 11 ios14 to my itunes?

Posted on Jan 23, 2021 1:48 PM

4 replies

Jan 25, 2021 10:06 PM in response to vbshrimps

You can use the online version of Office through the web browser (subscription required), but I personally dislike the online version as it isn't quite the same as the full app itself and the browser adds in some quirkiness as well.

Another option is to use the Apple equivalent software (Pages, Notes, etc. --- I forget their names) which are free, but you must already have "purchased" them through the App Store since I don't think the current versions in the App Store are compatible with High Sierra.

A third option is to use the free open source office suite LibreOffice.

There will always be compatibility issues between MS Office and any third party option since Microsoft has a very messy and not fully documented file layout for their files. You can lessen the compatibility issues by putting all the custom settings & formatting options at the beginning of the document (sort of like a template) so that it is easy to fix any oddness in formatting when opening a document in a different app. Also only use common fonts that are available to all operating systems.

How to upgrade MACBOOKPRO 2011

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.