Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Network icon not shown on my iMac o/s Catalina ver.10.15.7.

My Network Icon vanished some time ago and I have not been able to find a way to get it back. "Connected Servers" and Bonjour Computers" are selected in the Finder - Preferences - Sidebar Menu.

There is no Network option in the Sidebar Menu to choose. How can I get it back please. Thanks for reading.

iMac 27″ 5K, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jan 23, 2021 2:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 25, 2021 4:01 PM

Greetings michaelfromargyll,

We understand that you are experiencing some unexpected behavior in Finder, and we'd like to help. Begin by seeing if this issue happens in another administrator user account on your Mac.

Set up users, guests, and groups on Mac

Once that has been completed, Contact Apple Support with the results.

Take care.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 25, 2021 4:01 PM in response to michaelfromargyll

Greetings michaelfromargyll,

We understand that you are experiencing some unexpected behavior in Finder, and we'd like to help. Begin by seeing if this issue happens in another administrator user account on your Mac.

Set up users, guests, and groups on Mac

Once that has been completed, Contact Apple Support with the results.

Take care.

Jan 26, 2021 1:32 PM in response to Nicholas_B2

Hi, Thank you for helping me solve my problem.

I have managed to create another Administrator Account on my iMac.

On signing into this I have a Network Icon in my Finder Sidebar, which is fully functional.

Thank you so much for the ideas.

I have looked at the Finder - Preferences - Side Bar Options in both Administrator Accounts and I have updated my original Account with identical Sidebar settings from the new Account.

I now have a Network Icon that works 100 per cent!!

Thank you yet again for the help.

Mike ---   michaelfromargyll

Network icon not shown on my iMac o/s Catalina ver.10.15.7.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.