Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

imessage spotify disappeared

Spotify disappeared from my iMessage, it’s not on my task bar and I can’t add it back even tho I have the app downloaded and also have premium, can’t even send the 30 sec music clips

Posted on Jan 23, 2021 6:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 25, 2021 7:15 PM

Hello A13X313 and welcome to Apple Support Communities. It appears you are having some difficulty accessing the Spotify app via Messages.

Try deleting the app, rebooting the device and then reinstalling it from the App Store.

Redownload apps, music, movies, TV shows, and books from the App Store, iTunes Store, and Apple Books

If you continue to have problems, this is an issue you'll want to take up with Spotify.

Spotify: Support

Cheers.

21 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 25, 2021 7:15 PM in response to A13X313

Hello A13X313 and welcome to Apple Support Communities. It appears you are having some difficulty accessing the Spotify app via Messages.

Try deleting the app, rebooting the device and then reinstalling it from the App Store.

Redownload apps, music, movies, TV shows, and books from the App Store, iTunes Store, and Apple Books

If you continue to have problems, this is an issue you'll want to take up with Spotify.

Spotify: Support

Cheers.

Feb 3, 2021 7:21 AM in response to Blackhawk_16

I went through the full customer service and got on the phone with someone to help me throughout the problem and apparently they got rid of Spotify off the iMessage indefinitely they it’s the new norm idk why they would take it off when they had just added it but yea also same it was one of favorite features and now it’s gone hopefully they bring it back

Mar 9, 2021 4:57 PM in response to Monkey-spirit

This is a response from Spotify’s customer support when asked about the issue. “We can confirm that currently there is no option to share Spotify content via iMessage. As iMessage is maintained by Apple, this isn't something we have full influence on, but if we see that this is a popular feature that our users want, we can look into and see what we can do.”

imessage spotify disappeared

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.