Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMessage icon disappeared from bottom of iPhone home screen

iMessage app icon disappeared from bottom of iPhone Home Screen. I used to have 4 icons there: safari, phone, iMessage & music library. The app is still loaded on my phone. I am opening it by going to App Store & clicking open. How do I reload iMessage app icon back to screen preferably back to bottom of Home Screen. Thanks for the help.

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 15

Posted on Aug 30, 2022 2:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 30, 2022 2:25 PM

On your Home Screen swipe all the way to the right until you are in your App Library. Search for the iMessage app. When you found it, press and hold until the apps start wiggling around. Then drag the iMessage app to your bottom bar and let go. Afterwards click on done in the top right corner.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 30, 2022 2:25 PM in response to Speramint

On your Home Screen swipe all the way to the right until you are in your App Library. Search for the iMessage app. When you found it, press and hold until the apps start wiggling around. Then drag the iMessage app to your bottom bar and let go. Afterwards click on done in the top right corner.

iMessage icon disappeared from bottom of iPhone home screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.