Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Accidentally deleted important files

Hi, so my start up disk on my MacBook Pro is full so I went to clear a few files on my own. I started to delete a few files and ended up deleting folder and other documents that I probably should have kept. After this I instantly saw that there were issues when trying to open up documents on google docs. I’m a high school senior so I really need to turn in my work but I can’t even submit my assignments. Do you think there is a way to retrieve those folders and documents that I deleted before?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jan 23, 2021 8:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 23, 2021 8:54 PM

Ineedhelpplz_ Said:

"Accidentally deleted important files Hi, so my start up disk on my MacBook Pro is full so I went to clear a few files on my own. I started to delete a few files and ended up deleting folder and other documents that I probably should have kept. After this I instantly saw that there were issues when trying to open up documents on google docs. I’m a high school senior so I really need to turn in my work but I can’t even submit my assignments. Do you think there is a way to retrieve those folders and documents that I deleted before?"

-------

A. Check iCloud:

Was this synced with iCloud? Go to: icloud.com, log in, and see if they are accessible.

B. Check Trash:

Are these in Trash? Open it up, and see if they reside in there.

C. Always Back Up:

If they become unrecoverable, and are gone for good, then take this as a Learning Experience, knowing to always backup your mac prior to making any major change your Mac, that way you would have something to restore your Mac from, should anything go wrong after you make the change. So, see if you can recover these, if you have the backup from the past, using Migration Assistant.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 23, 2021 8:54 PM in response to Ineedhelpplz_

Ineedhelpplz_ Said:

"Accidentally deleted important files Hi, so my start up disk on my MacBook Pro is full so I went to clear a few files on my own. I started to delete a few files and ended up deleting folder and other documents that I probably should have kept. After this I instantly saw that there were issues when trying to open up documents on google docs. I’m a high school senior so I really need to turn in my work but I can’t even submit my assignments. Do you think there is a way to retrieve those folders and documents that I deleted before?"

-------

A. Check iCloud:

Was this synced with iCloud? Go to: icloud.com, log in, and see if they are accessible.

B. Check Trash:

Are these in Trash? Open it up, and see if they reside in there.

C. Always Back Up:

If they become unrecoverable, and are gone for good, then take this as a Learning Experience, knowing to always backup your mac prior to making any major change your Mac, that way you would have something to restore your Mac from, should anything go wrong after you make the change. So, see if you can recover these, if you have the backup from the past, using Migration Assistant.

Accidentally deleted important files

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.