Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

cannot connect with server to send emails

unable to send emails from my macbook pro. It says cannot connect with smtp server. Already tried to change the server and port number. What should I do?

MacBook Pro 15″, OS X 10.10

Posted on Jan 24, 2021 3:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 24, 2021 4:23 AM

vinicius295 wrote:

unable to send emails from my macbook pro. It says cannot connect with smtp server. Already tried to change the server and port number. What should I do?

old issue, new issue, what changed...(?)

Verify the issue is on your end and not the server end.

You have no control if your SMTP server is down(?)— search or contact whoever it is that host your email.

Typically known server issues are resolved in fairly short order and a matter of trying at a later date.

You may get more insight using the Use Connection Doctor in Mail on Mac - Apple Support

The go to way to sort local issues is to remove the email account and simply add it back in.

Add or remove email accounts in Mail on Mac - Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 24, 2021 4:23 AM in response to vinicius295

vinicius295 wrote:

old issue, new issue, what changed...(?)

Verify the issue is on your end and not the server end.

You have no control if your SMTP server is down(?)— search or contact whoever it is that host your email.

Typically known server issues are resolved in fairly short order and a matter of trying at a later date.

You may get more insight using the Use Connection Doctor in Mail on Mac - Apple Support

The go to way to sort local issues is to remove the email account and simply add it back in.

Add or remove email accounts in Mail on Mac - Apple Support

cannot connect with server to send emails

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.