Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cables and Adaptors - MacBook Pro 2019 to Printers

Can I use a USB-C to USB-A cable to connect my MacBook Pro 2019 to an HP Printer? And thereby forgo the need for the Apple adapter? Also I keep seeing comments about male/female relative to the USB-A component. I am assuming if the cable description is silent on that it will connect to the printer - can you confirm? FYI I must use a cable as my University does not allow pairing of laptops to printers without cable.

MacBook Pro

Posted on Jan 24, 2021 3:09 AM

3 replies

Jan 24, 2021 4:30 AM in response to pao4154

pao4154 wrote:

Can I use a USB-C to USB-A cable to connect my MacBook Pro 2019 to an HP Printer? And thereby forgo the need for the Apple adapter? Also I keep seeing comments about male/female relative to the USB-A component. I am assuming if the cable description is silent on that it will connect to the printer - can you confirm? FYI I must use a cable as my University does not allow pairing of laptops to printers without cable.

Sure if you have the correct cable.

Seems to me the University IT would be there to help you, and guide you in the right direction...if in doubt(?)

Cables and Adaptors - MacBook Pro 2019 to Printers

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.