Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to hide and then show an object when returning to a slide in keynote

On my first slide I show 5 key messages of my presentation. I link each key message to one or more further slides that give more background about the key message.

I then want to return from the more detail slides to the fist key message slide and against the key message that we have returned from, highlight it in some way to show that that key message has been explored in more detail. I want to be able to 'drill down' to any key message detail in any order.

MacBook Pro 17″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Jan 24, 2021 4:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 24, 2021 7:23 AM

Keynote does not have inbuilt tools that would show all the changes to the different highlight colours on the same slide.

A workaround can be used to show all the different highlights by adding extra slides.

You would need to add a minimum of 32 additional slides with appropriate content and hyperlinks to provide all the permutations you need. This takes time, effort and a lot of understanding. If you still want to do this in Keynote, I can show you an outline plan, however, I recommend using E-Learning or advanced Web authoring software, which can do what you want with ease.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 24, 2021 7:23 AM in response to samx7brl

Keynote does not have inbuilt tools that would show all the changes to the different highlight colours on the same slide.

A workaround can be used to show all the different highlights by adding extra slides.

You would need to add a minimum of 32 additional slides with appropriate content and hyperlinks to provide all the permutations you need. This takes time, effort and a lot of understanding. If you still want to do this in Keynote, I can show you an outline plan, however, I recommend using E-Learning or advanced Web authoring software, which can do what you want with ease.

Feb 15, 2021 1:25 PM in response to samx7brl

Sorry for the delay, I missed your reply.

Keynote does not have the ability to use tool tips.

The way to do this is to add an additional slide containing the required content, some text, an image or a magnification of the bar chart is usual. Either move to that in the next slide or place a button with a hyperlink attached to link to the required slide.

Hyperlinks are created by right clicking the object and selecting Add Link > Slide.

You see this effect every day in TV news segments.

How to hide and then show an object when returning to a slide in keynote

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.