Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Removing apps from top menu bar

I have an APP the opens automatically from my top bar menu. How do I stop this APP from automatically opening from the top menu bar and how do I remove it permanently from the top bar menu without disabling the app?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jan 24, 2021 5:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 24, 2021 7:19 AM

Some garbage apps will do that. There is no way to turn off their stupid interface they put in the status menu area.

If the app actually has a standard user interface, you might be able to disable the status menu item from its preferences.

If it puts that into the menu bar via a LaunchAgent, you may be able to remove the launchd plist from your user ~/Library/LaunchAgents folder. However, I have seen where removing the plist will prevent the app from loading. Garmin's app was like that. I just deleted the app and stopped using the Garmin. I don't know why developers choose to be idiots like that.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 24, 2021 7:19 AM in response to elenajensen

Some garbage apps will do that. There is no way to turn off their stupid interface they put in the status menu area.

If the app actually has a standard user interface, you might be able to disable the status menu item from its preferences.

If it puts that into the menu bar via a LaunchAgent, you may be able to remove the launchd plist from your user ~/Library/LaunchAgents folder. However, I have seen where removing the plist will prevent the app from loading. Garmin's app was like that. I just deleted the app and stopped using the Garmin. I don't know why developers choose to be idiots like that.

Removing apps from top menu bar

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.