Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes sign in unsuccessful

Looking to simply sign in, and sync up my iTunes library (12.9.5.5) on My iMac (MoJave 10.14.16) and iTunes won't sign in. I'm attempting to sign either by account tab "sign in" or "auhtorize this computer, typing correct login info and nothing happens. so frustrating.

MG

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Jan 24, 2021 11:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 30, 2021 1:15 AM

Try this link for Malwarebytes - should still get a trial option on a Mac. I've not tried TotalAV, but probably worth a shot. You cannot reinstall iTunes itself on Mojave but if needs be you can reinstall Mojave over the top of your current install. Your data should be preserved, but you should backup everything that matters first anyway.

tt2

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 30, 2021 1:15 AM in response to Martin.Goguen

Try this link for Malwarebytes - should still get a trial option on a Mac. I've not tried TotalAV, but probably worth a shot. You cannot reinstall iTunes itself on Mojave but if needs be you can reinstall Mojave over the top of your current install. Your data should be preserved, but you should backup everything that matters first anyway.

tt2

iTunes sign in unsuccessful

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.